Project #2 Final Critique

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
recordd

Project #2 Final Critique

Post by recordd »

Hi Everyone!
This is Danielle Record and here my link for Project #2 Final Critique @ http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2014 ... index.html! Her is the original website link that I re-designed Creative Kids Learning Center @ http://www.creativekidscenter.net/index.html. This project has been really fun and a bunch of craziness at the same time...there were many times where I wanted to pull my hair out but I got through it lol Anyway I definitely have a work in progress...slowly but surely. My creative kids site needs some help in widths because when on different monitors elements are being placed in different positions than what I had them set to. Also, the quote that I have on every page has been an issue, as well, so some of them are not where they are supposed to be. Last, I'm planning to place different images on each page, where there is a big blank area, at the bottom of the navigation box with maybe some reviews from parents about the center. I don't know if you have any ideas please let me know. I'm looking forward to final critique and please leave any suggestions and/or ideas...I'm happy that we get to do this because it helps me a lot. Thank you and I cannot wait to see your sites! :-)
Danielle Record

lingling_chen

Re: Project #2 Final Critique

Post by lingling_chen »

Very good on your redesign project! like it! Nice job!Danielle

Lingling

kiwakom

Post by kiwakom »

I love the design! The photo is so beautiful!
Your logo is kinda overlapping on the navigation bar, so I think you can fix it by adding margin on the left.

I like the your redesigned website. The background is really match with the concept.
I'm not sure you need a outline around the navigation bar.

Other than that, That's great design! Good job!

Kiwako

dboudinot

Post by dboudinot »

Hi Danielle,

I totally empathize with different web browsers moving things around. I had to shrink some of my headers and add and subtract width from divs based on my margin and padding just to stop chrome from pushing everything on my About page down about 100 pixels even though the layout looked good in Mozilla, so that's my first suggestion either shrink the font or adjust widths and padding on divs or both . That being said I love the imagery and layout you chose. You certainly designed for your target audience and once you fix your browser issue, this will be great! Great colors, fun, background, and the website creates a safe fun feeling that would make me more confident in leaving my hypothetical children with total strangers. Overall, I think your design is a success.
Dominique Boudinot

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

I'm right there with you on the craziness. This was certainly something completely new for me, as it was for a lot of us, but I'm happy you got it up! I'm in love with the photo you used for the background, I just want to instantly teleport there. Very serene and calming, complimented nicely by the white break where all your information is. The Creative Kids Learning Center website came out great! I really like all the colors, and small details you included. I believe you already covered this in your introduction, but on my screen a lot of the text is pushed to the left, leaving quite a bit of empty space. I think keeping it justified, but shifting everything to the center, would really help balance things out. Otherwise, great job!
a s h l e y c h i s a m

rrodriguez

Post by rrodriguez »

Danielle Record,

I LOVE your portfolio page, the photo is awesome. I like water scenes and sunset/sunrises, it's just something about it - refreshing. And your redesign page is a lot more clearer and easier to read than original website. And I just seen your contact page. You made a contact where you fill in the name n stuff - damnnnn scared of you. That's super cool. I can only imagine how much work it took to build all this. Awesome job!
"Something profound and awesome here and here and here..."– Rosa Rodriguez

paula_b

Post by paula_b »

Hey there Danielle! Glad to see that you worked out some of the issues! The frustration levels created in this project were through the roof on my side of town, yet here we are looking at it online. How cool is that? I know that things aren't exactly where you want them yet, but every element is great! The redesign is so cool! You did a good job on it! When you get the code right, it's going to be perfect. ;)
PaulaBurris

hummela

Post by hummela »

Your personal site is nice an calming i enjoy looking at it haha but when i view it the DR you have on the background is right be hide project 3 which makes it hard to read, move it down a little or over to the right of resources so they don't conflict.
for your redo site you did a really good job, when i look at the original did not get children care at first an their navigation is horrible.. yours is way better good job for the type of site they need.
Alexa Hummel :)

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Hi Danielle,
I like your re-design for project two. I think it is great with all of the fun colors that people identify with kids. I think the type is a little small, but the organization is good and easy to follow. I would love to know how you integrated google maps into your contact page that is pretty neat!

Good job!

Sierragirlnv

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Nice work Danielle.

Your Project Two is a very clean semi-liquid design that presents it's information well and stays out of the way while including all sorts of small details that really complete it. It has a great background image and a really nice subtle use of transparency. The navigation is large and easy to follow. I also like the shifting top images based on what page you are on. It marks the page in a way that users might not be consciously aware of. The footer is cleanly laid out and provides a wealth of secondary info. Ooooh, nice custom font work as well.

I'm not sold on blue and purple being particularly good colors for bodycopy. Also, I think the "Creative Kids Learning Center" in your header should be as bold as your headline text.

Nice work, indeed.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173