Project 2 - Thank you jesus it's done!

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
rrodriguez

Project 2 - Thank you jesus it's done!

Post by rrodriguez »

Tears of joy streamed down my face as I finally get a chance to post my final project….(well not really, but if I was a crier, this would be the moment). Let me just make this super clear, I have in my entire life NEVER worked so hard to understand something I know nothing about for days! I felt like a virgin every step of the way (for any virgins in the class, this is where you look away now). Building web pages was intimidating from the get go, but this project just kicked me in the face repeatedly. I could go on and on with my struggles, but I'll save that for later conversations.

Here is my bad website link: http://shopaitribes.org/spt-15/

And here is my final project link (yayyy!): http://grc175.com/student/fall_2014/rosa_rodriguez/

My redesign website, it had 22 links on front, so I picked the first 4 topics and redesigned the pages. Working buttons would be Business Council - Cultural Department - Day Care Center - and E.P.P - and of course Home.
"Something profound and awesome here and here and here..."– Rosa Rodriguez

dboudinot

Re: Project 2 - Thank you jesus it's done!

Post by dboudinot »

Hi Rosa,

I like the image you used in your container; I think it's very dynamic. I also like how much you simplified your website compared to the original, which was incredibly cluttered. I am not a huge fan of the blue background in the body section; I think red would have been more inviting because of the warmer temperature, but the overall layout works really well and for how much you say you struggled your website turned out really good. Congrats on getting it posted!
Dominique Boudinot

paula_b

Post by paula_b »

Girl, you did an awesome job on this assignment! You ROCKED it!! Your personal page is beautiful and the redo is great too!
PaulaBurris

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Hi Rosa,

Great job one project 2. I think you had a difficult task with all of the information you had to consider. Organizing it had to be a difficult task. I like the image you have blended in it communicates the idea of the website. Personally, I like navigation to be at the top or on the left since we read from left to right but you are the designer and you made a good call.
Good job!

Sierragirlnv

hummela

Post by hummela »

i like how you played with the image for your personal page, it cool.
your redo site is really nice an clean works good!
Alexa Hummel :)

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

That introduction was super funny, probably because we can all relate to that feeling of relief you just described. I am so happy we've conquered this project, just one more to go! I've already said this in person, but I'll go ahead and repeat myself, I think you did awesome with your websites! Both look very precise, and even more professional, especially the Indian reservation design. Everything just works so fluidly, and easily. You've included button hovers, your color choices are great, and all the small details are fantastic. Overall, everything is super well done! I only have two suggestions, I think the transparent box on your homepage could be slightly darker, to help make the text more readable. And maybe consider adding a more obvious 'home' page button to your second website, it took me a minute to figure out how to get back to the first page.
a s h l e y c h i s a m

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Wow!

Awesome work, Rosa. Both your Project One and Two websites have a polish to them that makes them look more than student websites. They look professionally done. Have you contacted the Shoshone Paiute Tribes about redoing their website? It's a massive improvement on what they have, and I bet they'd say yes if you pitched them.

Your Project Two website has such evocative use of imagery. The images act almost as secondary information sources, imparting feeling to the words on your website. I especially like the use of large imagery in your type area to reinforce the text. I think the cattle grazing image in the middle of the culture page ( http://grc175.com/student/fall_2014/ros ... lture.html ) is especially strong, if a little large.

There's also an excellent use of contrast throughout. Particularly with the dark blue background and lighter presentational area. I also like the pattern as a framing device with a drop shadow to give it depth and detail.

Typographically, it's easy to follow and read and I have no problem seeing and processing the type even with all the bright, large images around it.

Navigationally, it leaves a little to be desired. I think the column of many buttons on the right is a little bit too complex to easily use.

Otherwise, well done!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Rosa,
Looks Great! So glad you got it up, I know how hard you worked on it as we were fighting dreamweaver together in lab! lol

I really like both your project designs and love how professional they look!

I think you need to make the home button on project 2 additional pages easier to find/read.

As its hard to get to the home page on the 2nd page etc.

That was the only thing that stuck out at me.

Great job! Way to go.
Georgia

Miasera

Post by Miasera »

I gotta say that I'm a big fan of the rollover home button in your header, it's a nice touch that encourages the visitor to keep going around the page and keep clicking on the different links to various pages. Everything is neat and orderly, and rollovers are definitely a good element to add. Great job on this.
Cristina Sánchez
|| Certified Turtlefied