Elizabeth's project #2 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
ElizabethBrass

Elizabeth's project #2 Final

Post by ElizabethBrass »

Hello everyone,

So I uploaded my website on Saturday but I forgot to tell all you fine people on here.

here is the original bad website: http://www.kiwanisbikes.org/

And here is my redo of that site: http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2014 ... eth_brass/
Elizabeth_Brass

paula_b

Re: Elizabeth's project #2 Final

Post by paula_b »

You did a great job on this Elizabeth! The redo is very clean and easy to navigate. I love the gear that indicates what page you're on, nice detail! I absolutely love your personal page, it came together really well! I, too, forgot to post the link on here! Haha I was so relieved to get it up on the sever, I thought I was done. :oops:
PaulaBurris

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Hi Elizabeth,

Great job on your project. I think getting everything to work was the hardest part. I like how you included the derailleur on your links neat touch.

The only thing that is bothering me is on your secondary pages is that tire track that goes across the page, I like it on the home page but my eyes want it to move so I can see the rest of the images on the other pages. Other than that it was a nerve wracking experience I think for us all... haha

Sierragirlnv

hummela

Post by hummela »

Nice personal page, i like how you did your name!
your redo site is working well i like the colors and the over all layout how its consistent, the only thing is i want more in the about us :)
but i do like your navigation at the bottom!
Alexa Hummel :)

hummela

Post by hummela »

Nice personal page, i like how you did your name!
your redo site is working well i like the colors and the over all layout how its consistent, the only thing is i want more in the about us :)
but i do like your navigation at the bottom!
Alexa Hummel :)

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

These both came out so wonderfully! Your homepage has a lot of character built into it, which I think really reflects your individuality. I like the grainy texture, and bright pink contrast, they make bold statements and draw the viewers attention. I do feel like the main paragraph of text should be more centered within the glasses, but that was most likely a coding issue, and I don't know about you, but I'm pretty fed up with coding issues, so kudos to you for still making it work! My other suggestion is to play with backgrounds, right now it feels like your lovely design is just floating out in black space, I feel like it could be stronger set against something else. Your bicycle site is awesome and very creative. I wouldn't change a thing!
a s h l e y c h i s a m

rrodriguez

Post by rrodriguez »

Elizabeth Brass,

Your portfolio page is nicely laid out. The buttons are easy to navigate through. Your redesign page is just awesome. The tire tread marks are what make the overall page design pop and attract the viewer. The photo, neatly placed on the upper left is creative and cleaver. Job well done!
"Something profound and awesome here and here and here..."– Rosa Rodriguez

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Nice! Another clean layout, well executed.

I like the very clean minimalist design or your Project Two. The dark blue background is an appealing color that presents your content nicely. The logo is slick, almost high tech feeling, and I really like the bike track recurring graphic. Nice use of imagery and I love the blending of images with your bike track. The navigation is nicely placed and easy to use, with a fun little page marker beside it. Typographically, the content is easy to follow with a decent hierarchy.

I would have liked to see the design go across the browser window. It feels like it needs more room to breathe. Also, I would have either bolded or made a slightly different color, the link text on your links page. It looks like bodydopy right now.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

dboudinot

Post by dboudinot »

Hi Elizabeth,

I like your homepage; it is very cool; it feels like a album cover.

I also like your simple redesign. I am a fan of the tire track; it creates nice eye-movement, and I think the layout is very successful; I especially like the way you overlap, so that the content images are behind the tire mark and the type is in front of it.

I do wish the type didn't overlap the tread mark, and "volunteers" is spelled wrong on the "community" page. Other than that, you did an awesome job!
Dominique Boudinot

schakarun714

Post by schakarun714 »

Hey Elizabeth, your home page is awesome. The redone site is so much improved! Its clean and organized. I love it!
Shalie C. Forever Dreaming