Me, Myself, and I

Please introduce yourself here. C'mon, don't be shy!
daveryjones

Me, Myself, and I

Post by daveryjones »

Good morning to all,

My name is Dallas Avery Jones and although I already know most of you there are of a couple of you that I have not had the pleasure of meeting thus far. I look forward to this coming semester with each and every one of you. Some of you may recognize me from time spent in the sound booth for GRC 119 or my work in the labs. I will be continuing my positions this semester at the school so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I hope you all have a great semester! Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor ;)
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

ravennvrmre

Re: Me, Myself, and I

Post by ravennvrmre »

Hey Avery, great to see you again, I'm looking forward to this semester with you. :) Your post was so short and to the point I loved it, lol mines so long in comparison.

Vicki
Vicki Miller

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

I look forward to this semester with you as well. I realized my post was short after reflecting on your introduction so I guess I should add a little more about myself. So here goes nothing....

My great love in life is books, all types. I will surpass doing anything productive if I get the chance to pick up a good book. My favorite authors are Anne Rice and Edgar Allan Poe. I enjoy them because of their carefully crafted flow of words and diction. Their dark and moody demeanor in their writing adds so much character. I am a collector of books, old and new. They fill my room and various other places throughout my home. I could continue on for days but I'm sure this is a bore to some.

On a shorter note:

My favorite color is red.
I am allergic to animals (so not to be rude but if you own a cat, please don't touch me.. I will swell up like a balloon)
I am originally from Alabama.
Adobe Illustrator is by far my favorite program.
I want to attend Portland State University next year after graduating.

I hope that gives some a better insight on me. I also would like to get to know everybody. GRC is not just a program, it is a family and I love that. :)
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Welcome to GRC 175 Avery, Avery and Avery (I think that covers the me, myself, and I). It's going to be a madhouse in here with all these creative minds bouncing off each other.

As a fellow reader, I'm interested to see how that informs the websites that you'll create. The thing that surprises me about antique books is how relatively inexpensive they are as long as you don't care about dust covers or absolute mint condition. It's neat to hold a book that's like 6x your age.

Remember to remind me not to hand you handouts since all of the class handouts are available in PDF form from the website. I do have animals and I don't want to cause you any issues.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

"Men have called me mad but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence whether much that is glorious whether all that is profound does not spring from disease of thought from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect." - Edgar Allen Poe

We must embrace this madhouse that will ensue.

I do enjoy ratty and tattered books that are relatively inexpensive because they present character. Their dusty aroma wafts through the air invoking memories that were once forgotten. I have many books from the early 1900's and late 1800's which is truly a blessing in itself. My mother on the other hand, possesses several first editions that simply take my breath away.

And in regards to the handouts, I will not be bothered by such a minimal touch but anything more could be weary.
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones

Blackfïsk

Post by Blackfïsk »

Nice to meet you, hopefully the odds are ever in my favor because...

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

daveryjones wrote:
And in regards to the handouts, I will not be bothered by such a minimal touch but anything more could be weary.
Sounds good to me, Avery. I'll be careful in how I handle my handouts nonetheless.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

papasmurf124

Post by papasmurf124 »

meeeeeeooooooowwwwww
Robert Freudenthaler

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

Do not meow at me, papa smurf :twisted:
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones