Preliminary Critique for Project#1

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
natsukigrc175

Preliminary Critique for Project#1

Post by natsukigrc175 »

My first rough is more like illustrative and iconic. I draw the icons and any images in this rough with illustrator. In any Adobe software, I love illustrator the most, so this design describes that point pretty well. For this design, I got the inspiration from this link below.

http://madebyfieldwork.com/

The second rough focuses more on simplicity and cleanness. I still like drawing, so I used my drawing as the top page image. I am "less is more than too much" type of person and love simple looking of sans serif font, so I used only sans serif, used white clean background, and took the links away and added them on drop down menu. The links appear when you roll over or click the icon on upper right corner. The page I got inspired from is this.

http://www.mikiyakobayashi.com/projects/
Attachments
The first rough
The first rough
The second rough
The second rough
drop down menu
drop down menu
Natsuki Tonuma

lsimgrc175

Re: Preliminary Critique for Project#1

Post by lsimgrc175 »

I like the first one a lot more. It just seems more creative to me. The second one seems more corporate.
-End message

NevadaCowgirl

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

I like the second rough. You could have each of the pictures be your buttons to project 2, project 3, and links. Have a little bit more information about you in your paragraph.
Amy Zimmerman

Blackfïsk

Post by Blackfïsk »

I really like your front page, I think it works well without that background (crosshatch). Your color choices are great too for the first design.

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

The first one is awesome. It looks a professional website that you would actually see on the Internet. I wouldn't change anything. It's perfect.
ALEXIS ROSALES

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

Hey Natsuki.
I really like the first one. It expresses your creative side in illustration, and it is very well balanced and pleasing to the eye. The only thing I don't like about it is your typeface choice for headline and body copy. It's a little to boring for your style of illustration and creativity.
-Warren Asher-

Ka80kins

Post by Ka80kins »

Hello!
I really enjoy the first one. Its interesting and more enjoyable! Its amazing what you can do in illustrator so if I were you Id show it off!
Kathryn Kennedy

sara_kennedy1

Post by sara_kennedy1 »

Hey!
I like both roughs, I really liked the first one though. It shows what you can do in Graphics, plus has more character!

punkassbookjockey

Post by punkassbookjockey »

I love the first one, I really want to click on the pictures and see things move!
Jena Molina

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I really like the top most design with the city scape, the styles really nice and it all looks interconnected. The only negative I have is that you don’t have the tmcc logo but you could just put that down with the other tmcc stuff.
Vicki Miller