Project 1 - Roughs

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
moserary

Project 1 - Roughs

Post by moserary »

Well, here goes.

Attached should be my Roughs #1 and #2 for Project 1. As I'm simple person, my site would be simple, with pretty colors in natural tones and hues. Eventually, I hope to add a layer of muslin-type texture as a background to both examples., possibly with folds.

The first example is created along the lines of Yahoo.com, which I use daily in work and personal things. The second is an attempt at the "hub & spoke" style. One example of this I found is Black Estate Vineyard but it certainly appears differently on my Mac than the work PC! A design consideration there, I'm sure.

Just as the back window of my car exhibits, there is a "conservative right" and a "liberal left" to my personality and interests. Hopefully my website will show the same juxtapositions with the old-fashioned principles learned and practiced with the Comstock Civil War Re-enactors and the brilliant humor of modern "politically incorrectness" used to express our Freedom of Speech by Sheep Dip, Inc.

Thanks so much for your input,

rosemary
Attachments
website_moserary_rough2.png
website_moserary_rough1.png

j.alexis93

Re: Project 1 - Roughs

Post by j.alexis93 »

They both look pretty similar, but I would go with the second one because it looks like it would fit better within a grid.
ALEXIS ROSALES

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I totally agree with Alexis. I feel better on the second one and I would use other color or dark red for the typeface just for viewers eyes.
Natsuki Tonuma

NevadaCowgirl

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

I like how you have the navigation bar on the right side in your first rough. I would use a darker color on a white background as a light color gets lost.
Amy Zimmerman

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I like the bottom design a little better, but like Alexis said, they do look similar. The top ones navigation might confuse people with it being on the right instead of left which is where most people look. You could move the project 1, 2, and 3 up and have them the same as your other buttons, the Graphics information could be moved into your paragraph about yourself, and then drop the tmcc logo all the way down. I feel like it looks off with them being there and the only green element in the layout.
Vicki Miller

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

I like the second one. My suggestion would be to have a background color with a gradient to make everything on the page pop better than just the plain white background.
-Warren Asher-

lsimgrc175

Post by lsimgrc175 »

I think the first one looks a lot more balanced. Maybe the second one, if more stuff goes under that text, will look more balanced too.
-End message

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

I think bottom one is better, because of the poison of navigation button.

when you open browser, the screen show up from top left. that is why people put navigation button on the left top.

you can still work with color. if you want to use two spot color scheme, photo should be same. photo looks like pop up! I think
Yoshiki Katabami

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

I definitely enjoy the second rough more. I feel like the colors, although they are complimentary, are a little extreme. Try maybe a tint or shade of the green and red just to add a little more visual appeal. I get the idea of having a simple white background but typically, when you are going to have something extremely simplistic, you should have at least one thing in the design that pops. Right now, I enjoy your layout but because of the contrast issues, I'm having a hard time figuring out where to look first. Great start!
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

I prefer the composition of the first website more, as it looks like it flows better than the first one. The images are a nice touch.
But the website appears a little bare, and would benefit with more visionary elements like background colors for the body of text.
- Starla Houck