Project_#1_roughs

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Ka80kins

Project_#1_roughs

Post by Ka80kins »

These are my roughs for project one. My first rough was inspired by following the tutorial by http://www.arunzdigitalphotography.blogspot.com/
his tutorial was on youtube and it was very educational in the photoshop usage. I like the first rough because it feels more like me. I realize that theres a lot going on but I'm prepared to tone it down a little if We choose to proceed it.

The second rough is cleaner and more earthy. It gives off a calming perspective. http://www.dzinewatch.com/2013/11/web-design-concepts/ is where I got a lot of my thumbnail sketches from. I like how the Profile picture is on the top and then it goes straight down the page for the information. Im willing to tone it even more down so it can be more clear and easy on navigating.

Anyways these are my roughs please let me know what you think. Thank you!
Attachments
rough_1_kk.png
rough2_proj1_kk.png
Kathryn Kennedy

j.alexis93

Re: Project_#1_roughs

Post by j.alexis93 »

I really like the first one. From the color scheme to the way it flows through the page. It just works better as an overall design.
ALEXIS ROSALES

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I like both, but prefer the first one. It looks balanced each other and nice color. One thing is that I would play more with the color/value/saturation for the circle which project one is on. That yellow is to desaturated so a bit hard to read compared to other links. Other than that, it looks great!
Natsuki Tonuma

lsimgrc175

Post by lsimgrc175 »

I think the first one works better, since the Bokeh goes with the buttons. I'm sure we'll pick up how to make the buttons cooler along the way, too.
-End message

NevadaCowgirl

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

I like the first one better. I really like the color combinations you used.
Amy Zimmerman

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I really like both but I think the top is my favorite. I like the way your circle buttons go with the transparent circles in the background. I would change the yellow button though; the color’s a bit harsh. I would take out some of the words between you first and last name; it seems a bit wordy, maybe Kathryn graphic designer and painter Kennedy. I don’t think you need the words amateur and creative in there, amateur generally has negative connotations and most painters are creative. The cream is a little hard to read against the background as well (on both designs). Your images are great and I like the colors for both backgrounds.
Vicki Miller

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

I really like the first one compared to the second. It is aesthetically pleasing and I really enjoy the font choices for your name. I like how your first name is highly expressive balanced by a non expressive type. The color scheme works well too.
-Warren Asher-

moserary

Post by moserary »

Kate, #1 would be my choice.

Both have beautiful graphics, color and font choices, the first one is just more interesting, with the bubbles. As others have already stated, perhaps softening the button-bubbles a bit would make them a bit less intrusive..? The first graphic is very grown-up and professional but also a bit impersonal. The second is a young and soft Kate. Depending on the type of customer base you strive for, perhaps a photo somewhere in the middle..?

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

I like first one. background images and circle composition are great.

button type should be put on the center of the circle. home type looks a little bit left of the center I think.

great job!
Yoshiki Katabami

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

I think the first rough is a better display of your "bubbly" personality. I like your color scheme but maybe try it with a triad of colors? Make sure you don't use too many typefaces in your design or it can start to look cluttered. I would also work on the spacing in between your name and the surrounding yellow descriptive words. The blending between your personal picture and background image is well rendered as well. Keep up the great work, my friend!
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe