project_one_roughs

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
sara_kennedy1

project_one_roughs

Post by sara_kennedy1 »

Before starting this project I created my own logo in illustrator, I came up with the idea when I was falling asleep one night. I have a sketch book on my bedside table so when an idea comes to me I can always draw it out before I forget about it. I started with my signature and it came off from there.

The first rough is what I love to do on my spare time, if I don't have work or school you can find me on a beach somewhere either if its on vacation or at Tahoe with my dog no matter what I love to have good company and a good time.

The second one is off of a black and white picture I found of myself, Ive always loved black and white profiles. I feel like it gives you a sense of sharp, simple, and classiness (in my opinion) and Ive always felt that, that is much needed in a work setting.

I really don't have a favorite one because I think both of these roughs explain who I am as a person, so I would love feed back on both to help me decide! Thanks for looking!

inspirational links and research from youtube tutorials on photoshop cc
https://photoshoptrainingchannel.com
Attachments
175_project1_rough_draft2_skennedy.png
175_project1_rough_draft1_skennedy.png

natsukigrc175

Re: project_one_roughs

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I like the first one for having color and pleasing to my eyes, but I would choose the second one. It looks more balanced to me. or you can combine both; on the first rough you can bring your logo center on the top and place your picture and description at the bottom as the second rough.
Natsuki Tonuma

lsimgrc175

Post by lsimgrc175 »

I like the second one because white & black lace seem to go nice together :D
-End message

NevadaCowgirl

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

I love the second one. The black and white is very nice. I would use a different font on your paragraph as I find it a little hard to read.
Amy Zimmerman

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I love your logo and designs, they look great. I like the boxes behind your paragraphs too; it makes it easier to read. The top seems more laid back and the bottom seems more business, having said that I think you should go with the top design because it says more about what you love to do (if the beach is where you like to be then I think it should play a significate part it the design) which is what your website should be about. I really like what you did with the logo in the middle with the buttons kind of around it on the bottom design though, so maybe mix and match between the two designs. Maybe the bottom design but with the tops transparent heading picture (I would keep it large and transparent though instead of the full version you have on top of it. That is the same heading image on top of its self, isn’t it) I don’t know if that would be too much contrast and look funny though.
Vicki Miller

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

I overall prefer the second one because it has this classy/elegant look, but I like the top part of the first one. I think white type on a black background would work better for the top part of the second one.
ALEXIS ROSALES

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

I like the first one better, it has a nice visual appeal to it and the font is pleasing, but I recommend lowering the opacity a tad for continuity to the home/starter page.
- Starla Houck

moserary

Post by moserary »

The second one draws my attention much quicker, it seems more serious and professional. The first one reminds me of a Facebook page.

The black and white scheme with swirly graphics are simple and pleasant but a pop of color (perhaps when the buttons are hovered over?) might add even more interest..?

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

I like first one. nice background and your photograph. but you need to work about contrast about black type on dark blue back ground.
Yoshiki Katabami

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

THE SECOND ONE! :D

I think the concept is clean and easy to use. I would play with your contrast levels throughout the body of the site and maybe minimize the size of the header. Your design is very symmetrical (which is not bad) but I would play with some asymmetry to see how it differs. I also enjoy your logo. It could easily be manipulated to be on a business card or billboard. Good Job!
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe