Project 1

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
seancl123

Project 1

Post by seancl123 »

For my designs I made them very simple and used a monochromatic color scheme. In my research I really liked the simplistic designs more then the really complex ones. I feel like i really need feedback to really step up my designs so really say how you feel about my designs I need to know.

Some of my research:
https://webdesignledger.com/21-clean-web-design-layouts
http://www.siteinspire.com/websites?categories=87
Attachments
rough02_finished.jpg
rough01_finished.jpg
Sean Lee

j.alexis93

Re: Project 1

Post by j.alexis93 »

The second one has a better feel to me. I like how the fish graphic overlaps the bottom and top bars. I would just be careful with the margins in the About Me section, the type gets a little too close to the graphic.
ALEXIS ROSALES

NevadaCowgirl

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

I think either one will work. Very nice color combos.
Amy Zimmerman

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

I think you might want to reconsider the shade blue. It's too dark against the black background and strains my eyes. Perhaps something that contrasts better.

Other than that, I prefer the second one and find it more visually appealing.
- Starla Houck

lsimgrc175

Post by lsimgrc175 »

I like the layout and art of the second one more.
-End message

moserary

Post by moserary »

These layouts, color schemes and fonts are both great, unusual and interesting.

Although I love the graphic in the first one, it clashes with the rest of the format. The fish in the second one fits perfectly with it all.

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

I like top one.

the girl image is nice, but I think you can put the image more bigger cross the left bar. it will be more dynamic home page!
Yoshiki Katabami

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

I am leaning more towards the second design with the koi. I find that you have a nice balance and the layout is simple yet visually dynamic. One suggestion I do have is try putting more space between your body paragraph and the koi silhouette. Also, you may want to try justifying the type in your body paragraph so that the uneven line lengths don't distract from the overall design.

Great work, can't wait to see the finished product.
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

punkassbookjockey

Post by punkassbookjockey »

While I like the girl in the first rough, I think the second is stronger over all. The carp could use a little refining, but its over all appearance is good.
Jena Molina

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Nice ideas.

I think I like your second one better. The black top and bottom bars work extremely well to frame your content. The stained glass catfish is a really neat design element who can be used in a bunch of different ways. Maybe parts of hime can be used elsewhere on the website. the navigation is large and easy to follow. The type works well with your pretty busy logo.

Loose the dark blue, though. It's not working with your high contrast. Go with a lighter color; maybe a sky blue, or orange, or mint. I like the bombshell on your first design, maybe use her somewhere on your website. Also, move your body copy over a little from the stained glass catfish, or move the catfish over to the left a bit. Give 'em both a little room to breathe.

Nice work. Have fun with your site and I look forward to seeing the final version.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173