Project 1 Prelim

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Computer Lover

Project 1 Prelim

Post by Computer Lover »

For my first rough, the colors consist of high saturation and bright colors. It's off set with the darker brown navigation bar, and the theme is ice cream (since it's one of my favorite treats.) I primarily picked it for its color scheme.

The second one also consists of moderate saturation with plenty of blues and a sandy yellow. The scheme reminded me of a whale, so I chose to make it the main image.

Both of them are illustration themes because I enjoy and take pride in drawing. That's partly why I commission my art. If either of these go through, I'm going to push the images through Adobe Illustrator to clean up the lines and make it clear.
Attachments
grc175rough02.png
grc175rough01.png
- Starla Houck

j.alexis93

Re: Project 1 Prelim

Post by j.alexis93 »

Both of them are pretty great, but for some reason I'm drawn to the navigation bar of the one with the whale. I just like the playfulness of it.
ALEXIS ROSALES

Oreo_Chaos

Post by Oreo_Chaos »

Nice bright colours will be good for specific designs but harder for all purpose needs...
Matt Beach =

Mulato, Esoteric, Hedonist

Blackfïsk

Post by Blackfïsk »

I really like the second one, it looks fun and inspired by animation. Good work.

NevadaCowgirl

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

I like both of them. The color choices are really good. It is hard to find anything wrong with either one.
Amy Zimmerman

lsimgrc175

Post by lsimgrc175 »

I like the pink one better. The blue radish guy is awesome but the wooden buttons need moving around or something, I think.
-End message

moserary

Post by moserary »

Both are really visually interesting with great color, layout and font choices.

My choice would be the second one for two reasons:

1) The first did not make me think of a whale, despite its blueness. As an avid Octonauts viewer (thanks to my Granddaughter) my first thought was that your created was a "Vegimal" from that show. The wood-slat buttons made me think of a garden fence, rather than the ship's timbers you might have been going for.

2) You could go all over the place if you animate that ice cream, melting it into pages, sprinkles, a cherry, etc., too fun!

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

I like top one, images are good.

color composition is great too.

I like navigation buttons.
Yoshiki Katabami

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

I'm not sure whether the first rough contains a blue radish or a blue well but even though I love the color scheme and simplicity, I'm not sure where your paragraph is going to go and I feel as though it is missing a headline. I think the red and brown are too close in contrast and if you are going for the ice cream look, you should go all out instead of putting the ice cream in a box.

Great start!
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

punkassbookjockey

Post by punkassbookjockey »

I like both designs for the drawings and the colors you have chosen. I feel like the second one would make a better 2nd page, I think it would be fun to see the ice cream cone before it gets smooshed, then have it smooshed when it is clicked on.
Jena Molina