Preliminary for project 1

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
nicolemae09

Preliminary for project 1

Post by nicolemae09 »

Hi Guys,
Here are some rough outlines of my layouts.
In my first layout I am not sure what there is a white bar showing at the top but that of course will not be there. For my second version I will have a running film strip on the left hand side of my own photography and work all in greyscale. Each of my layouts will have icons on the bottom for instagram and facebook.
Attachments
Weblayout2.png
weblayout1.png

Oreo_Chaos

Re: Preliminary for project 1

Post by Oreo_Chaos »

Black and White would be hard but interesting to see.
Matt Beach =

Mulato, Esoteric, Hedonist

NevadaCowgirl

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

The first rough is interesting with the black and white. It is weird that there is a white bar on the bottom of the first rough.

In the second rough it is too busy for me with the background and the navigation bar is kind of small..
Amy Zimmerman

lsimgrc175

Post by lsimgrc175 »

The gray one is easier to look at and looks like a better interface. The plant one is cool but I think you'll need to fade it in some way or put more stuff in front of it.
-End message

moserary

Post by moserary »

The grayscale one would be my choice. The focal point of the image on the color one is blurred, causing distraction and pain in trying to view the page.

What about letting color through on the images in the grayscale one? This layout is also very nice, easy to read and navigate. I think your font choices will be fine-tuned with the rest of your page.

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

I like second one better. nice background images!!!

composition is good, but contrast is low I think.

and navigation button is not enough big.
Yoshiki Katabami

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

I like the black and white one. It looks well organized within a grid and I enjoy how you used your pictures. I would just try to fill up the white space at the bottom, maybe spread out the 3 links in a horizontal way instead of putting them in the corner.
ALEXIS ROSALES

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

The black and grey layout is significantly better in my opinion. I enjoy the idea of the film strip of your greyscale photography. it is a simple, yet classic layout. I would've liked to see at least some lorem ipsum body copy to get an idea of what this page layout will look like with text. If you are going to have the stark white footer, I would incorporate a little white somewhere else in the design as well.

Great concept, keep up the good work.
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

punkassbookjockey

Post by punkassbookjockey »

I like the b/w layout, and the film strip of photographs. The second one could still work, but you would need to make the words easier to read via contrast.
Jena Molina

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I think I like your first layout best.

It uses contrast very well. The layout is clean and easy to follow. It has nice margins and the typography generally works. I like the image placement along the left side almost like a scrolling gallery. The navigation seems large and easy to use. I like the shades of gray approach to delineate sections on each page. That way I can tell where I am on both a specific page and the entire site.

What it needs is color. I'd recommend making the images color and picking one color to use as an accent here and there (say as a rollover color) throughout the design. Also, make the navigation in the bottom right one line. Make sure to use a lighter sans-serif type for your body copy.

Nice work! I look forward to seeing it as a real website.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173