Project 1 prelim rf

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
papasmurf124

Project 1 prelim rf

Post by papasmurf124 »

robert_freudenthaler_web_grid_cp3.jpg
robert_freudenthaler_web_grid_cp.jpg
robert_freudenthaler_web_grid_cp04.jpg
This is the basic concepts for my designs. They all are for my portfolio website and other work I create.
The boxes over my face will be buttons that you click with pop up windows just trying to be creative.
Last edited by papasmurf124 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Robert Freudenthaler

NevadaCowgirl

Re: Project 1 prelim rf

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

I like the first one the best as it is simple and easy to navigate. The second one is too busy for me but that is my opinion. For the last rough I don't like the boxes on your face.

The first rough I like the color combination you are using. I would put some examples of your work in each of the boxes.
Amy Zimmerman

lsimgrc175

Post by lsimgrc175 »

The cityscape is the best imo. I'm not sure about clicking on your eyeballs...
-End message

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

I like first one .

nice composition!! but you use too much color hue. it made images complicated. you have sophisticated picture of you. so you can make the images clean!
Yoshiki Katabami

moserary

Post by moserary »

Although that's a great image of you, the second layout is the most dynamic and my preference.

It's just that the image just overshadows everything else, making me wonder whether it could be faded into its proper place in the background?

The boxes on your face in the bottom one made me chuckle, what was the intent here, would they be buttons or something?

Nicely done layouts, I like the mirrored headline.

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

I like the picture that you used on the second layout. I think that's the one that has the most potential. I'm just not a fan of the reflecting effect that you used at the top, it makes things a little bit too busy.
ALEXIS ROSALES

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm, a few interesting directions here.

*cracks knuckles*

Time to be the idiot client again. Let's mix two designs together! I like the layout of the second one with the picture of the third one. I think bringing that image into the second layout will create an interesting juxtaposition. I'd also probably bring in the pseudo haphazard boxes from the third layout as well. Do you have boxes on your eyes to pay the ferry boatman across the pixel river Styx in Organ Trail? Just asking.

With the lighter background you won't need so many outline boxes either. Also, make sure your navigation text is the same size. "Personal Work" is a little small right now. Also I'd try justifying your bodycopy. Make the words make a block.

All in all, a good start. I want to see where it goes from here.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

I like the overall concept of the middle rough but you need to work on your contrast and legibility. Play with maybe a bolder typeface or color to stand against the background since it is so busy.
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

punkassbookjockey

Post by punkassbookjockey »

I prefer the middle picture, I like how the road draws you in. I agree with Avery, you need to work on contrast. Try muting the picture a bit.
Jena Molina

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I like the second one the most because it has a great picture and that color is pleasant to my eyes. Your logo also looks cool. Only thing is that the text "let your dreams come true" is too bright for my eyes, so I would tone down. TMCC logo is about to fade into the background because the value of the logo and background is about to the same so I would use the black tmcc logo instead of white one.
Natsuki Tonuma