Project 1 Critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
nicolemae09

Project 1 Critique

Post by nicolemae09 »

Hello,
I am Ashley Anderson and you are viewing my final material for project 1.

For this assignment I really felt it was important that people could find pieces of me through out in this web page. I wanted to keep a sleek design that was not to busy but still had some interesting direction for the eye. I felt that a moving photo strip on the left side of the page was a great start for this. When a person opens my page this will be one of the first things they will see. They will see my photography, paintings and graphics in this spot. Everything will in a violet hue greyscale but when the photos are scrolled over the strip will stop moving and that photo will then have its full color. You will be able to click here to see the full piece along with a description. I really enjoy my name at the top of the page in a handwritten font so people automatically know whose work they are looking at. I wanted to keep my layout in a greyscale because this is just kind of who I am but with hints of a purple hue to show some personality is there.

Thank you :)
Attachments
weblayoutfinal.jpg

j.alexis93

Re: Project 1 Critique

Post by j.alexis93 »

I think this design is working really well. The floral designs in the back give it an elegant look.
I would just justify the body type.
ALEXIS ROSALES

moserary

Post by moserary »

I agree with Alexis. The color scheme is unique and sophisticated. The type, however, does need some organization, it seems to be random. This seems to be a great start!

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

I think this is working really well. I don't think the pics on left need to roll into the footer, but they look awesome in greyscale. I would justify your body copy.
-Warren Asher-

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

Nice work. I like how you use the color and feel nice to look at it. Like the idea of slides of pictures. I would justify the body copy and other than that go for it:)
Natsuki Tonuma

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

This is a really nice and clean layout. I agree with everybody else with the fact that your color scheme is working well. If I were to 'nitpick' anything, I feel like the apostrophe in your signature is too heavy for the loose script type. But really, that's the only thing that caught my eye. Great work!
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

Really nice images but I think the greyish purple in the background looks a little off next to your full greyscale pictures on the left. Can’t put my finger on why though, maybe tint them purple too. I like the swirl design in the background, it adds a nice touch. You might also think about changing your footer color, it stands out quite a bit since its white (maybe to the light grey background color in the top box). I like the font you used for your name I think it’s a nice touch against the other font for digital portfolio. Looks really nice.
Vicki Miller

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

The real strength of this layout is it's visual texture. The victorian tribal shape in the background adds depth and intrigue to an otherwise simple and clean layout. The filmstrip to the left is a strong visual anchor that establishes a starting point for the eye to examine the rest of the layout. The logo at the top is a nice blend of serif and script types. The navigation is large enough and is easy to follow and use. I also like the subtle use of accent color.

Just a couple of issues with the design as I see it. Your email link in the bottom right should have been a bit smaller to work with the social media links better. Also, your links in footer would have worked better horizontally. I think a lighter font for your body copy might have worked a bit better there too.

Good work! I really like the texture of the piece.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

sierra_style

Post by sierra_style »

I like it it is very visually interesting to look at! I think the several layers of the design is working very well can't wait to see it fully developed.
Mark Sinnott

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

nice work ashley.

but bottom part link looks different site a little bit. you can pick nice typography to make it unity
Yoshiki Katabami