Prjoect One, 2nd Critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
lsimgrc175

Prjoect One, 2nd Critique

Post by lsimgrc175 »

I toned down the main image and added some tabs which I intend to lay over the top. Gonna ditch the little page icons in favor of the bars at the top n bottom
Attachments
nerd_rage_1920.jpg
-End message

j.alexis93

Re: Prjoect One, 2nd Critique

Post by j.alexis93 »

This certainly doesn't look like your typical website. I think it would work a little better if you took out the bottom left picture. Having just one picture is good enough.
ALEXIS ROSALES

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

Yup I,m confused. It looks really cool so far. I don't think the grainy filter over the background picture is needed. I think your link boxes are going to be to small to put links in. To make it look more like a website than a work of art I would suggest putting in more navigation, bars, footers, etc etc.
-Warren Asher-

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

It looks interesting and creative, but made me confused a bit as others suggests. I would play with rollover and if you could command it in a good way, this design is gonna be turned out pretty well.
Natsuki Tonuma

nicolemae09

Post by nicolemae09 »

Your graphics are cool! I like the comic book style. I would like to see a little more of a layout. The text kind of just seems thrown in there at the moment. Looks really cool and unique so far though.

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

I get that this is your style and it may be unconventional but I think that's what makes it unique. Some people will love it and some will hate it but I think that your innovative mind can turn this into an awesome website.
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I really like your final; my favorite part is the file look all of your boxes have. I like that fact that it doesn’t look like the run of the mill website, it suits your personality. I think the filter you have over the background works just fine, it gives it that kind of apocalyptic feel which you have going in the image. I don’t have any suggestion. Great work.
Vicki Miller

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

your picture looks nice, but you have two big images in the design. it makes low hierarchy.
two images are fighting each other.
Yoshiki Katabami

moserary

Post by moserary »

If you want those images to spell out your site, could you maybe superimpose the "Nerd" image onto the "Rage" image, somehow having them interact (WITHOUT the dreaded Flash animation?) I like the file folders boxes, especially the fact that they are in random order, clearly non-conforming! The grainy filter is distracting but serves its purpose in making the comic-book look. Interesting stuff.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hmmm. There are some philosophical questions being raised here that I'm not sure I want the answers to.

This is a very image heavy website. It almost passes beyond the bounds of a website and in to a digital Warhol painting. The halftoning is working pretty well on your "Rage" image and is a nice contrast to the crisp "Nerd" image. Becuase of these large images, your text will have almost zero hierarchy in your design. This is perfectly fine when you have such evocative images, but be careful about losing the navigation. I also like the geometric shapes for both your navigation and text containers. They contrast sharply with your images and draw the eye to them.

I'm not fond of the brown bodycopy and I would have liked to see what your buttons would have looked like with content in them. As it is, I think they are a little bit too small to function as buttons. We shall see when you build it for real.

Good work, sir!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173