Project #1 Final Critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
daveryjones

Project #1 Final Critique

Post by daveryjones »

Hello Everybody,

This is my final design. It reflects what I have already done in Dreamweaver but I know I still have a few tweaks. This still frame also doesn't depict how my transitioning background and rollover links interact. My spot color is what my links turn into after they are hovered over. Still a lot of coding to do but looking forward to showing you all the final product after project 2 is done. Please give me any feedback you have! :)
Attachments
website_final_design.jpg
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

Blackfïsk

Re: Project #1 Final Critique

Post by Blackfïsk »

I really like the direction you're going, this looks really good. However I would totally ditch the gradient on the footer and buttons, the one you used looks really dated, like a gradient done in the 1990s. I would maybe keep the button shape and copy it and change it to that blue of your logo, then put it behind the button so only a sliver of blue outlines the top or bottom of the button.

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

I really liked your old one, but you went in a different direction and I think this works even better. I do have to agree with Tucker though. The buttons would look better without the gradient.
ALEXIS ROSALES

moserary

Post by moserary »

The color on the button rollover/hover will be a nice addition, Avery. The gradient issue also was a distraction for me. Great stuff!

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

This is really well done. I know you said spot colors would be used in the rollovers, but I think the whole design could use a little more color than just the symbol in your logo. I don't know what that would be to color though
-Warren Asher-

Ka80kins

Post by Ka80kins »

This is awesome definitely you!
Kathryn Kennedy

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I like how you change this from rough. I would keep having a black box to the bottom and see how it works. Also you might wanna change the font of links? Overall looking nice and feel good!
Natsuki Tonuma

nicolemae09

Post by nicolemae09 »

I really enjoy your composition, it reminds me a lot of mine. I enjoy the layout, as well as the signature at the top. I maybe would work with the font you have your body in just a little. Great job though!

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

It looks amazing and having seen the interactive background in class, (really nice touch by the way) I’m excited to see more. I think the only part that looks off is the footer; I get that you’re making it line up with your other buttons but I think since it’s so long it looks off. Also it looks like the container and the footer doesn’t match, I can see some of the container on the right side, maybe that’s the reason. Great job though :D
Vicki Miller

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

Nice work avery!

Th only one thing I can say is that button is pop up too much, my eyes goes to the navigation first. I think header should be the first place my eye goes.
Yoshiki Katabami