Project 1 final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
sierra_style

Project 1 final

Post by sierra_style »

I made the nav bar have a color scheme which I am going to try to carry over to my other pages. I just made some minor adjustments.
Attachments
grc175_project1_final.jpg
Mark Sinnott

j.alexis93

Re: Project 1 final

Post by j.alexis93 »

I think giving the navigation bar a color scheme was a nice touch. The boxes are a little too transparent for my taste, but everything seems to be working pretty well.
ALEXIS ROSALES

moserary

Post by moserary »

Yes, the color scheme on the boxes is a great improvement. Good color scheme, typography and balance, Mark.

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

This turned out well. I would suggest upping the opacity a little more on the boxes, and using a more bold and expressive font for your name, and headline.
-Warren Asher-

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

Nice and clean! Great! I would play more with type thought. Other than that looks good!
Natsuki Tonuma

nicolemae09

Post by nicolemae09 »

Your color scheme is really nice and easy on the eyes. It seems odd having the everything pushed over the right of your background. How does it look with your divided areas a little more centered in your compostion? Looks great so far though.

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

I like that your headliner text and first box line up on the left side. It adds a nice visual line. Good job on the layout. Can't wait to see this as a real website.
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Here's a very simple layout that's really brought to life by it's background picture. Nice job, Mark. I also like the color coded column headers. They pull colors from other parts of the image and then lay them over contrasting colors in the image. This creates a strong separation in your user's eyes. That's a strong touch. The layout is very clean and easy to pull info from. The columns work well to divide up the information "categories" and guide the eye through what's important. I have no trouble navigating this thing.

Not sure it needed the serif type though. I think different weights of your sans-serif would have accomplished the same thing without extra visual clutter.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

I like your background picture!

button looks a little bit low readable, because of high transparency.

nice work Mark!
Yoshiki Katabami

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

Your design looks really clean and peaceful. However, I agree with others about the transparence. I think it works for the content but you put the effort into making the nav colored and the color is so faint that I had to look for it with the about me and the contact. Great job though.
Vicki Miller