Project One Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
punkassbookjockey

Project One Final

Post by punkassbookjockey »

Hey folks,

Here is my final for project one. I filled the simple argyle design with color, because I love color but wanted a sleek and simple page. There are few graphics on the page until you start moving the cursor around, then those big blocks reveal themselves as buttons! I have included the hover examples, so you can get a feel for what it will look like. For example, the feather changes to a different one which makes it look like it blooms.

I have also included an inside page because I wanted to show the change, and my about paragraph is there. The home page looks better without extra text in my opinion, but I wanted to show that I did the work! If this doesn't fulfill the requirements I will put the text in one or more of the color blocks to pop up when you hover over the yellow box.

My four websites are:

http://melanie-f.com/en/ for the superb parallax scroll and the music...(seriously, I opened the page to copy the url and left it open to let the music play.) It's a shame they only sell ugly slippers!

http://www.tectonica.co/ for the awesome flash

and of course:

http://www.awwwards.com/ especially http://www.awwwards.com/30-great-websit ... lling.html CHECL OUT THE BOAT!!

and

http://line25.com/category/inspiration because it is so fun to explore

Let me know what you think!
Attachments
home_page.png
home_page_hover.png
inside_page.png
Jena Molina

j.alexis93

Re: Project One Final

Post by j.alexis93 »

I think the hover buttons are a pretty neat idea. It keeps the elegant look that you have going on. The only thing that doesn't seem to work for me is the outline on the little house.
ALEXIS ROSALES

moserary

Post by moserary »

The color scheme and typography are awesome, but not as awesome as the images. The hover is a great idea. You are using your skills and gifts to their max, well done.

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

I love the concept and layout. I have nothing as far as a suggestions.
Nice work
-Warren Asher-

lsimgrc175

Post by lsimgrc175 »

I like the gray art over the colored diamonds but I also think the little house icon is lame--compared to the rest of the artwork, that is.
-End message

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I like your hover and whole idea! Nice:) Yeah I also agree with others' opinion about a little house though. I would just try to get rid of the stroke on it and see how it works.
Natsuki Tonuma

nicolemae09

Post by nicolemae09 »

Your page looks great! I really like the simplistic idea. I love your contact button in the feather that comes off your signature, I think this is a unique way to display this. The only thing I am having a hard time with is the home button. Its a little big a bulky for your simple design. It almost makes it look like its supposed to be a apart of your composition.

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

This is definitely coming along great! Can't wait to see it come to life. I, too, really enjoy the grey images for rollovers. But I also agree with a previous comment that the house illustration is cheesy in comparison to your others.
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Well done Jena.

This design features a really nice use of both contrast and color. Like many in the class, I like the rollover images in the argyle diamonds. It adds a touch of whimsy to the design. The splashes of color on rollover will help add depth to what is already a very nicely laid out, high contrast design. I also like the unusual logo placement. Just above the eyeline. The typography really works well throughout the design too. Nicely chosen.

My only real issue is on the inner page. I don't particularly care for the non-justified type. I think it should be justified to create one more shape for the layout to play off of. Otherwise, they're looking pretty good to me.

Well done, indeed.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I really like your designs and the interactive they have. I also really like the inside page, it’ll fit nicely I think. You guys I think the house is to represent a home button, Jena can correct me if I’m wrong (I think it’s a nice idea). I have no suggestions, great work.
Vicki Miller