Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
nikkihillman

Project 1 Final

Post by nikkihillman »

Decided to go with this one. I spent some time in Illustrator and made some better looking vines. I took out the navigation at the top as some of you suggested. I also played with the opacity and drop shadows on the vines in different places.

I put the text inside of the leaves and I'm definitely going to make the leaves roll-over buttons and the upstate will just add a drop shadow (as I've shown on the "Inspiration" link).

What do ya think?
Attachments
nikki_hillman_p1_02-final.jpg
Nikki Hillman

j.alexis93

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by j.alexis93 »

I've been pretty fond of the organic feel that you have going on. All of the elements seems to be working really well together. I just can't help but to feel that your picture and name seem to be a little too close to the edge.
ALEXIS ROSALES

moserary

Post by moserary »

It's all really well done. The one thing that distracted me was the vine, it seems to be crowding your photo & text. Is is centered? Could it be moved toward the right margin?

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

I really like the layout and the use of A symmetrical balance that you did here. My only suggestion would be to get another complimentary color in the mix besides just one hue of green. Maybe your body copy is another color?
-Warren Asher-

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I really like how it turned out! Love it! Only thing I can say is why don't you justify your body copy to the right?:)
Natsuki Tonuma

nicolemae09

Post by nicolemae09 »

Your design is nicely put together! Its cute and to the point :) I am not sure I am liking P-1 P-2, as a person coming to this site I am not sure I would know what that means.

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

Good color scheme and nice user interface. Why is the text right aligned? Good job.
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

In spite of it's clean layout and white background, this design feels very tropical to me. I like the vines as accent elements. That leaf font you used on your name is crazy cool and goes with your design very well. But the real centerpiece of the whole thing is the tropical beanstalk navigation. This thing is too much fun. It's also easy to read, follow, and use. Your right aligned body copy is well placed and easy to read. The entire design also has very good margins as well.

Not sure you needed the third front you used on your navigation. I think a bold version of your body copy font would have worked just fine. Also, perhaps have the leaves change colors on rollover?

A fun, clean design. Good going. Now I want to grow a navigation vine!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

sierra_style

Post by sierra_style »

Very cool how this came together. Has a nice feel to it and is interesting to look at for sure. I think if you took out the vine right above your name it would look a little cleaner and easier to read. Just personal preference though. Can't wait to see it as a real site.
Mark Sinnott

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

you should put drop shadow on every leaf.

it will make more dimentional design
Yoshiki Katabami