[ Redo ] Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Computer Lover

[ Redo ] Project 1 Final

Post by Computer Lover »

So after some fiddling, I lowered the intensity of the background color and made it lighter. Furthermore, I made it more interesting by giving it sprinkles for a pattern that's mean to repeat and give it the sprinkle impression. The box was enlarged to take up more space and fit more information. I changed the color the about to match the links and offset with a brown drop shadow to make it easier to read. I kept the teal footer to match the theme and its intended font color will be the background color of the navigation bar for consistency.
Attachments
Here's an optional PNG version since the TIFF requires downloading.
Here's an optional PNG version since the TIFF requires downloading.
websitefinallook.tif
- Starla Houck

moserary

Re: [ Redo ] Project 1 Final

Post by moserary »

The aqua color is a nice, surprising contrast with the peach. The fonts are attractive and legible and the layout is nicely balanced. Nice work!

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

In terms of a design, everything seems to be working pretty well. I like the playful look that you have going on. I would just justify the body type and made sure that the TMCC is a little easier to read.
ALEXIS ROSALES

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

I really like your font choices and I think the layout works very well. My only suggestion would be to bring up the opacity in the TMCC symbol so that it is a little more visible.
-Warren Asher-

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

Nice! I like your color use and your background pattern. Only thing is that tmcc logo is fading into the background, so you might wanna give more saturation to it.
Natsuki Tonuma

nicolemae09

Post by nicolemae09 »

The additions of the sprinkles in the background is super cute. I like that it adds a little more visual interest to your page. :)

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

This has come a long way and I really enjoy your color scheme. I wish that mint color was somewhere else instead of just the footer. Good job :)
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Heh. This thing is so fifties I can practically here "Mr. Sandman" playing when I look at it. Now I want to smoke from a pipe and call some of my female students "little lady" ;) .

First and foremost, the colors are just outstanding. They immediately establish the design ethic of the piece and imprint "mid-century modern" right into your user's eyeballs. The partner in this time warp tag team is your typography which is just spot on. The navigation font in particular screams "National Park brochure" or "Oreo cookies ad". The body copy is a nice sans-serif that's easy to read and understand. The dropped ice cream cone adds plenty of fun to the composition as well as the "diamond plate" wallpaper.

The left and right margins on your navigation seem a little tight. Also, I think your "About" title text needed to be scooted up a little.

Great atmospherics on this thing. Very nicely done!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

sierra_style

Post by sierra_style »

I like your layout a lot. Very good font and color scheme. I think that you really made good progress from the last critique don't have much to say on what I would change.
Mark Sinnott

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

for my first impression, I got the idea who made this web site?

web design looks nice, but I could not figure out who made it.

you should put your name on it!
Yoshiki Katabami