[Late] Project1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Stalksyouatnight

[Late] Project1 Final

Post by Stalksyouatnight »

Been busy with other classes and have had a hard time to fit this in between them. Although, I'm not expecting any replies on this I feel that I should still upload it. I changed some ideas, and went with an idea that I enjoyed.
Attachments
project1_v2_zah.jpg
“From this moment on you are a rock. You absorb nothing, you say nothing, and nothing breaks you.”-Frank Underwood.

My name is Zackary Hughes if you were wondering.

natsukigrc175

Re: [Late] Project1 Final

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I like your color and picture! I feel good when I look at it. But, its kinda hard to read the body type so you might wanna work on it. I would bring text box behind type or so.
Natsuki Tonuma

nicolemae09

Post by nicolemae09 »

I like your color scheme, but I am having a little bit of a hard time reading your body of text over the image. maybe you could add a transparent box behind the text over the background image so that we can better differ the two. :)

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

I feel like this design is much cleaner than the preliminary designs and is user friendly. Just work on your contrast issues to make your type more legible. Good work.
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I really like the background image and your colors, compared to the roughs this is a huge change, it looks a lot better. However, the body copy is really hard to read so I think you should add a transparent box behind it. Great job though.
Vicki Miller

NevadaCowgirl

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

Very nice job on the color combination for your background color. I do find that it is too busy and hurts my eyes.
Amy Zimmerman

sierra_style

Post by sierra_style »

Very cool layout, lots of energy in the design with the colors and fonts. Maybe a little work on the contrast of your type for legibility would help. Nice work though.
Mark Sinnott

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

it is not bad I think,

you can pick two complementary color! green and red, or purple and yellow.
Yoshiki Katabami

moserary

Post by moserary »

It seems my prior post got waylaid..? Anyhow, I like your layout, especially the gradient work with a very simple subject. What bothered me was not being able to see the header for "Project 1" because the purple blends into the black. Perhaps lightening it a bit..?

I can see where some would have trouble reading the text and want something behind it. I would be sad to lose any of that image...

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hey cool! Is that a multi-colored neural map of the human brain? Nice pattern. Your design uses color and contrast extremely well to move the eye through it. The black background serves to highlight the neural map and point the eye to your type. Your colors are well chosen and work together hand in hand. A great use of split complimentary color. Your navigation is large and easy to use. I also like your choice of fonts. It goes with your color scheme and layout very well. Your layout itself is clean and simple which let's your colors and background image really come out and play.

My only real issue with it is margins. The "Hey I'm Zachary Hughes" text should have been brought over so it's left side aligns with the 'H' in "Home" and the 'A' in "About Me". Same for the copyright on the bottom. And both that and the TMCC logo could use a bit more bottom margin to give them some room to breathe. Also, some sort of black outer glow or opaque box behind your bodycopy would have helped it be a little more legible.

Still, you've got a really nice look and feel going here, sir. Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173