Project # Prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
lsimgrc175

Project # Prelim

Post by lsimgrc175 »

Redesigned "home" and "services" pages for this godawful salon website
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 2.25.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 2.25.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 2.24.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 2.24.21 PM.png
-End message

punkassbookjockey

Re: Project # Prelim

Post by punkassbookjockey »

I would be interested in seeing the original sight. With a name like Head Hunter, I would like to see some themed graphics. To be honest, they are both pretty plain.
Jena Molina

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

I would have to agree with the above comment, they are both pretty plain. And they are very similar. There is a way to make plain visually appealing so maybe do some research about making this site more interesting. You can even push the black and white theme but with maybe a pattern in the background or something. Keep up the good work.
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

I prefer the design that has the big "H". Simply because the logo on that one is working pretty well for me. I do have to agree that they are both really simple. I would start by adding some color.
ALEXIS ROSALES

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

I like the idea of the first one with the giant H and using it for the three different words. Your site really needs some color as plain black and white is not working at all.
-Warren Asher-

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I like your black and white simple website. They all look so similar though. You might want to add some icons to make it looks more interesting.
Natsuki Tonuma

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I'd say my favorite of your logos is the first one. Can I also go on record as saying that "Head Hunter Hairstyling" is a scary as hell name? Just wanted to put that out there.

I like the super clean vibe you're going for on your first design. It's very trendy and urban. I don't think it really even needs any color. In fact, if you add any images, you might want to bring them in grayscale just to see how they look. The type is working really well and playing off your logo nicely. I like the little sectional icons and the "cut here" dividing line. They bring a bit of whimsy to the proceedings. It also has excellent margins and alignment.

The only thing I'd say it's really missing is a photo or two of the business and maybe a hairstyle or two. Also remember that the fewer elements there are, the more important design principles (especially margin and alignment) become.

Nice work! I really want to see it as a "real" website now.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

I like your design!

Nice top image and Logo on header! color scheme looks good, which represent the classic style of hair studio.

I wanted to see different types of design for rough...
Yoshiki Katabami

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

There isn't a whole lot of difference between the first and second concept. With that said, I thiiiiink the first one could do, but the style overall is a bit simplistic for my tastes, and I feel the design has a lot of negative space. Maybe filling it could help it a little bit.
- Starla Houck

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I don’t have a preference; I like the logo being horizontal, but also like how you used the H for all three names. They’re very nice and simple designs but maybe add some color or a picture of someone getting their hair cut to liven it up a bit. Great start though.
Vicki Miller