Project 2- Prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
nicolemae09

Project 2- Prelim

Post by nicolemae09 »

My first layout with the red margins on the side goes with the menu sub page, this site will be a site that you can just scroll through rather then navigating. So it will kind of be like an infinite scrolling site, you can get to each tab by just scrolling. It appears in my research that this is a new approach that people are taking. So the side margins and the middle container will be consistent down the page but different backgrounds for each "tab".

The second layout with the Pic Nic like top I have not yet come up with a sub page. The images on the left side will scroll through different photos of the restaurant.

At the bottom of both these home pages will be links to all social media and g-maps.
Attachments
weblayout2.png
weblayout1m.png
weblayout1.png

Blackfïsk

Re: Project 2- Prelim

Post by Blackfïsk »

I like your top most picture, though I feel like everything is so big, remember that most people will see this site on an HD computer screen so if you zoom in where it fills your entire screen, that's what the site will look like. Also, those really bright colors start to clash a little because you used almost 100% saturated color everywhere.

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

I would go with the top design. In reference to the above comment, I agree that your 100% saturation is quite blinding. Don't forget that 'white' space can be your friend if used properly. Everything just seems a little packed tight and busy to me. Good start.
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

The first design is working better for me. I like the little picnic aspects that you incorporated. I understand the use of the bright yellow and red. Those colors are usually used to grab people's attention and make them hungry. The other color that you used for the about us section doesn't seem to work with the other colors.
ALEXIS ROSALES

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

The linked page is working great. I like the first design for the home page. I would try using a bolder less expressive font for the headline/ title of the website. Great start
-Warren Asher-

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I think the first design is working pretty well. I like your logo too! Only thing is that the header text on top is hard to read because of the contrast issue. I would make the font fatter or change the background image.
Natsuki Tonuma

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Too bad you didn't do a home page on your first design with the gingham pattern, because it's the better design. I say go with that one.

That logo design is hilariously adorable. Great choice of type throughout. It's easy to read and gather information from. The navigation is large and easy to follow also. I like the supersaturated colors as well. They give the design a zany, fun feel. Good use of appetite enhancing colors (red, orange, yellow) in the colorscheme. I also like the large food photo as well. You can use that space to appetize site users. Mmmmm. Double decker cheese and bacon. Mmmmmmmm.

A few things to help it out. One, remove the orange stripe at the bottom and continue the gingham pattern in it's place. That way the pattern acts as a framing device. Two, bold up your page title. Three, make you navigation bar just a little bit taller so that your descenders don't touch the bottom. That will give it a bit more bottom margin and some room to breathe.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

punkassbookjockey

Post by punkassbookjockey »

I'm going to go against everyone here because I like the Starburst. It really draws you in to the logo, and I would love to see big pictures of the food next to it. I would really push the food pix, because I would assume anyone visiting the site is hungry or soon will be. Make the menu king!
Jena Molina

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

I like first one.

I really like your color scheme, and images on background!

I think you can make logo smaller a little bit, it will help people to focus on sandwich image!
Yoshiki Katabami

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

The first is amazing, and it feels like a restaurant. The color choices (be it the restaurants or your own) is authentic. The sandwich image if very appetizing, I'm not sure if its in your control, but it looks pixelated, so if you could find a higher resolution that would be great. Also the header/title gets a little lost the plaid, perhaps making it larger and with a drop shadow could aid it.
- Starla Houck