Project 2 Preliminary - Tucker M

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Blackfïsk

Project 2 Preliminary - Tucker M

Post by Blackfïsk »

I decided to redo BOBO's Mogul Mouse website http://bobos.com/bobospeedstore.html

The original website is... weird to say the least, when I think of ski and snowboarding shops in Reno I think of BOBO's especially if you want to rent equipment, I'm not sure any other place does that... so for the ONE place in Reno that could convince and sell the people here to head up to the mountain... their website looks like a joke. I designed my version to look minimalist and sporty, I wanted it to convey a lifestyle. I think as it is now its a bit too red... I'm not sure I like the layout of the bottom, though I like the header and navigation, not sure about the navigation font though. I also plan on having the images scroll up in a soft but fast manner, not fading in and out like they are here.

As for my second layout, I didn't do one, this one took me forever anyways. Sorry.

daveryjones

Re: Project 2 Preliminary - Tucker M

Post by daveryjones »

Since there is nothing to compare it to, I think this design is working very well. I love your color scheme and the overall dynamic of the site's home page. I want to know what the inner pages will look like.
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

I definitely get the minimalist feel that you were talking about. In my opinion, the bright is actually works as an instant attention grabber. I also enjoy the GIF that you have. I would just make your subheads a little bolder.
ALEXIS ROSALES

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

I think your gif is working well. I would suggest using a more legible font for your links
-Warren Asher-

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

It's working pretty well! I like the simple and sleek feeling of your design. GIF works pretty good too. You seem like you know about web design already. Nice work!
Natsuki Tonuma

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hmmm. I don't see a second design here, or an inner page design. I would have liked to see more. Image

That being said, I think what you do have is pretty strong. The layout is clean and easy to read. Orange and white provides contrast and visual interest while providing a good base point and background for the imagery. I like the use of large expanses of white. It really says "snow" to me and helps establish a cool winter effect. The image slideshow at the top establishes the atmosphere well; cold, but awesome. The "We Are" idea really works for this thing. The navigation is large and easy to find and use. I also like most of the type choices, particularly the headline and bodycopy type.

I'm not sold on the type used in the navigation though. I think an extra bold or heavy version of your headline type would work just fine and be more consistent with your established brand. Also be careful with your content area, you've left yourself as lot of room. If you don't have enough type, then more pictures are in order.

Good work on what you did show me, sir. Wish I could have seen more from you.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

lsimgrc175

Post by lsimgrc175 »

Yeah I shoulda known BOBO's would have some hipster-certified junk page. Your take on it is much better
-End message

punkassbookjockey

Post by punkassbookjockey »

What was Bobos thinking? Your <<one>> design is an improvement, but I don't have a choice now do I? It's that or patzilla?
Jena Molina

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

your design looks nice, but I need something to compare with.

You have nice color scheme, but I wonder you put "we are" on header. I think your design will work without the words!
Yoshiki Katabami

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

It is a great design, and a strong one at that. I'm only sad there isn't more to show for it, or a second idea. With that said, the color is very well utilized and the neutral background works in your favor. The color choices are slick and modern, and correlates with what you're trying to advertise and relates well with the logo.
- Starla Houck