Project Two Prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
papasmurf124

Project Two Prelim

Post by papasmurf124 »

I know its late but I need a lot of help....
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitleda.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitledb.jpg
Robert Freudenthaler

punkassbookjockey

Re: Project Two Prelim

Post by punkassbookjockey »

I am not really sure what the Riddick Country show is, so just based on your designs I'd have to say I like the first one the best, the blue/green is a nice color. The blue in the second design is overpowering. I recommend using a less busy picture for the home page.
Jena Molina

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

I think the pictures and color scheme works well for untitled and untitleda. Your layout needs some help. I would suggest making the title of page by itself across the top. Your links to other pages shouldnt be spread over from 2 on left side to one random one on right side. I would suggest just putting them into a column on the left hand side.

Nice start
-Warren Asher-

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

I think the second one works better as a design. The background color is a bit distracting, i would tone it down. I agree with Warren on the title page. You also shouldn't change the position of the navigation bar throughout the pages.
ALEXIS ROSALES

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I like the background color of the first one personally, but second one works better in terms of layout because it is following the grid and all elements are aligned better. I would change the color of nav because its hard to read now.
Natsuki Tonuma

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Of your two, I'd say the first one is a little better.

I like the teal to black gradient. I think the serif type is working well. The white type shows up nicely on both the teal and black backgrounds. You've got a nice stage to put your content.

Where it needs help is in the layout. It needs to be organized. The navigation is scattered all over the design. The photo collage is way too small and the sponsor logos are way too big. Gather your navigation into some sort of alignment and placing (try horizontally along the top). Grab some photos from the website and use them in a layout on the front page, maybe like puzzle pieces. Grab or write a paragraph of type and lay it out above or below the images. At that point, make sure nothing is too close to anything else or too far away and you've got yourself a layout.

Keep at it!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

I like first one!

You do not have to use gradient on background. you can pick nice big image on background!
Yoshiki Katabami

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

I think both concepts come off a little disjointed. It doesn't have a guide that draws you through the layout. I find the first one to be more visually appealing, but I feel that maybe standardizing some div boxes and designating content in them would help restore order to your concepts.
- Starla Houck

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I like the colors for the top design; I think the turquoise works better than the blue. For the top design, I would put your navigation in one location; it’s kind of all over the place. You could put it at the top or bottom or in a column on one of the sides; like you did for the bottom design. If you go with the second one I would change the red, it’s a little harsh against the blue, maybe go with a light blue or white. I don’t know if you have branding colors to worry about either, that’s a huge factor. I hope some of this was helpful. It’s a start, I think it’ll get there.
Vicki Miller

lsimgrc175

Post by lsimgrc175 »

I think your colors and layout on the first one do a better job of cleaning up that site. I saw the original and it's so bad you might want to steer away from anything that looks similar to what's on there.
-End message