Final website critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
anayaestevan

Final website critique

Post by anayaestevan »

Went with the stronger design. I followed the advice I got of cleaning things up a bit. And adding a little more texture. Let me know what you think.

final_desktop.png
final_mobile.png

-Estevan
Estevan Anaya

emilyduke

Re: Final website critique

Post by emilyduke »

Hey! These are great! I like the simplicity of the black and white.
Starfish ✩ emily duke

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

Wow, awesome mix of simplicity and professionalism. I don't have much else to say about it. Love it.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Well chosen, Estevan! You've done a great job factoring in critiques on your design and created a much improved version.

Your choice of a rose as the background textual image was inspired. It's a great image that both provides visual interest and pulls the eye into the center of your composition. The black and white colors obviously provide all the contrast you need, but the use of subtle glows and lines help set the mood. I think my favorite little touch is the super subtle rollover. Just that little bit of extra glow tickles the user's brain and tells 'em they did something. You've also tightened up your tracking all around. This improvement can be especially felt in your navigation. Your bodycopy looks much better in upper and lowercase letters rather than SCREAMING ALL CAPS. Good margin use as well. Some are a little big, but there's no fragmentation of your layout.

Still not 100% keen on that email. I don't think the italicized type does enough to separate it out. It still runs together a bit.

You've really achieved all of the potential I saw with this design during preliminary critique. Nicely done!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

Hi Estevan,

Your work has a lot of personality, it's very simple and straight to the point. I really enjoy the mood you created. Great job!!
Dana Drakulich-King

Jones

Post by Jones »

I really dig the clean classic and yet modern look of your designs. Isn't one of the criteria for the design color though? I like how easy your information is to see and navigate.

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

Looks good! The added texture in the background does help the overall design.
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Hi Estevan!!

I love that you added the rose in the background of your design!! Only thing I could say is maybe changing the font in your email to the same as your body copy. Other than that I love how clean and crisp your design is.
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

agostina_renau

Post by agostina_renau »

ahhhh that rose in the background is my favorite! so subtle but it adds so much to the page.
Agostina From Argentina

kj923

Post by kj923 »

Very nice layout! i love the subtle rose in the background! One suggestion would be to play with the social media icon size :) unless you want it to be more prominent ?! just a thought
-Kaitlyn Johnson