Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
hiitsyuri24

Project 1 Final

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

Hi everyone!

Here are my final designs. I tried to make my designs as simple as possible, and I used my favorite color which is mint green. I thought it would be cool to have my website in English and Japanese, so I put a link to a Japanese version of my website,

Here are useful links about web designs.
https://www.websitebuilderexpert.com/de ... n-layouts/
https://www.creativebloq.com/web-design ... out-812625
Attachments
website-homepage.jpg
website-phone.jpg
Yuri Aoki

kayla.pressburger

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by kayla.pressburger »

I really love how you have your name written in Japanese and English at the top of your page. It's such a unique touch! Your layout is also really nice, everything has a place and has room to breathe. Maybe you could try your menu without a drop shadow to go with the minimalist design!
Kayla Pressburger

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

your design is understated and peaceful. it looks nice. You misspelled assistant in the body copy of your web version. easy fix=easy A. :mrgreen:
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

You certainly achieved the simple, clean look you were going for, Yuri. The mint and white work well together and give the website a bright, fresh feeling. Like a visual breath mint. I really like the use of Kanji as a texture in your top bar. You'll have to use English as a texture on the Japanese version. Speaking of texture, the light drop shadow and bevel really help pop your navigation against a relatively flat design. It's an immediate eye grabber that points the user to how to interact with the website. I like your choice of typeface as well. Using multiple fonts out of a single typeface unifies your composition and provides good informational hierarchy. Nice use of justification with your bodycopy as well.

I'm not sure you needed to darken the mint around the photo. I think a regular mint would work just fine as a frame.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

anayaestevan

Post by anayaestevan »

Hey Yuri,

These are much better! Fonts are much stronger as well as color scheme!

Still think fonts could be bolder and bigger.

Nice job!
Estevan Anaya

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

Hi Yuri,

Your layout has a very peaceful mood, It's very nice to look at. It is very easy to navigate and has a nice minimalist touch. Great job!
Dana Drakulich-King

Jones

Post by Jones »

I really like your image and color choice. Perhaps play with the text and make it a little bigger? I like the balance and flow of your layout.

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

This website makes me think of spring! It is so light and airy I fee as if it could float away on a spring breeze.
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

Hey! These designs are nice, I love the way you displayed your name in both languages.
Starfish ✩ emily duke

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Hi Yuri!

I love how much your website has cleaned up since first critique! I would recommend adding some sort of graphic to fill the white space on your web version. Nice colors too!!!
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract