Project 3 GAMT Roughs

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Jones

Re: Project 3 GAMT Roughs

Post by Jones »

My preference is the first one. It has a great crisp clean feel to it while being very professional. The text doesn't have an overwhelming feel to it. It's easy to see and digest the info. Nicely done!

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

I really like both of your designs they are so clean!!! I like the minty color you used in the first one and the layout a little more. Maybe you can incorporate all the cool shapes into it!
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

hiitsyuri24

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

I like the second set. They are really clean, simple, and easy to navigate.
Yuri Aoki

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Neat! You've got two really strong designs here. I prefer your second one with all the shapes. It seems more visually interesting. Your first one is a little stark.

Where it's visual interest really begins is the graph paper background. It immediately adds texture and makes you look around the layout. The shapes add a fun look, guide the eye around the composition, and make for good space fillers. They look like artsy postal marks and cup ring stains to me. It all has an "opening credits of a wacky cartoon" feel to me. You've done a good job with TMCC's awful colors. I especially like the way you used color to balance your composition. Your typography is well chosen. It works with the graph paper and the clean sketch look you have going. It's all easy to read and pull information from. Good use of margins throughout the composition as well. Everything is super clean.

Really, all it needs is some images. Right now it's all cool shapes and walls of text. I'd recommend tossing in some images of either cool designs, students doing design work, or images that reinforce what you are saying in the text, or some combination of those.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kj923

Post by kj923 »

I love all your designs so much! but I think if you're gonna do green at all you should just use the TMCC green! The green looks really good in your second design, don't be afraid to use it in your first design too. It could turn out so amazing!
-Kaitlyn Johnson