Project 1 Preliminary

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Redbird92

Project 1 Preliminary

Post by Redbird92 »

Hello everybody!!
So for the design I tried to keep it somewhat simple but still visually pleasing to the eye. I am an artist so I would like to set up a website of my own one day and be able to have something that is easy to navigate and straight to the point. I used designs from a number of artist that I follow and from what I grasped from their own websites was that it was a clean design aspect. Nothing was too complex and was straight to the point. But it was still visual pleasing to the eye and functional.
https://rickkennington.com
https://www.daniellesartwork.com
https://theblackkeys.com
project1-sr.jpg
project1-4_4-sr.jpg
project1-3_4-sr.jpg
project1-2_4-sr.jpg

kendall_the_mann

Re: Project 1 Preliminary

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Sequoia!

I think you definitely succeeded in keeping your designs artistic yet simplistic! I really like the muted colors you used for the second and fourth designs and I love the layout of the second as well. I think if you played around with font a bit more it'd make it just a bit more sleek looking like what you're going for! Other than that small detail, I love all your designs!

I can't wait to see what you do for your final website : )
-Kendall Mann

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Nice job. I really like the red and turquoise colors used in your bottom design because they are so vibrant. I also like that you used photos of your art. I also like the layout of the first website design. It is easy to follow and to read. I think that it would look good to make your project text change color when hovering your mouse over it or turning them into buttons somehow. I'm not sure you need them to look like buttons though. I think the color change would look neat.
:) KATHY RUECKL

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Hi Sequoia,
I love how different all of you designs are and that they all showcase you different ways. My favorite is the last design, the red and blue are so electric. I would eyedrop a blue from the background of your picture and use that as the blue you're using for your solid color so it fits in a little better. I can't wait to see your final product!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

Anayik

Post by Anayik »

Hi Sequoia,

Way to play with a lot of varied concepts here. My favorite is your last one, with the red and turquoise palette. It makes the whole design very eye catching. I would put your name in the black bar at the top in maybe that light blue to really see it pop. While the typeface you used is pretty and actually compliments the overall look of your project, papyrus has a tendency to be overused in the design world and I think trying out something different for your name could make the whole aesthetic extremely unique. That's awesome that you'll eventually be able to use this to display your own pieces. Maybe there's a font out there that showcases your personal style as an artist better? Or you could always go for a signature that you scan in, it might make the experience more personal and intimate for your audience who are there to view your work.

Excited to see where you take it!
Kiana Bohm

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Sequoia,
These are very interesting and unique designs that are still simple and easy to look at and understand. I like the second design best, and would turn that into a desktop layout as well, it seems that it's just a mobile view. If it's meant to be the mobile view of the first design that looks like a desktop then I would work on making them more closely resemble each other because right now, to me, they look like two different design ideas. The typefaces, colors, and imagery being used are all different from one to the other, making it seem like two different designs.
JacklynYamine

dearangela

Post by dearangela »

Hi Sequoia,

I like your first design! I like your two borders that have the image in the middle, it creates a center stage for your selected artwork to be shown first. I think it needs a strong header, if I did not already know you wanted to show your art, I would be at first wondering what the website is about. I also would like to see your name bigger, it's all about you! I like the hues as well, it's calm and won't be distracting for your artwork. I can't wait to see what's next!
angela_gutierrezgapuz

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I like the second of your computer designs, Sequoia.

The turquoise and red works surprisingly well together. I thought red would be a little far up the color wheel to work with the blues in turquoise, but it does. Plus it's a great play on your name. Great use of contrast on this piece as well. It really serves to highlight your critical content. One of my favorite little subtleties of the design is your logo. Excellent use of regular black and rich black. That "S" is almost a texture, really. Such a striking and evocative piece of art as well. It's really saying a lot looking at it. The type on the computer layout is working pretty well even if Papyrus is a little overplayed these days. Your navigation is easy to find and use.

I'd narrow your name text up a bit to create some margins between it and the edge. Right now it's touching the edges and it needs a little room to breathe. Your bodycopy feels a little bold to me. I think it'd look better a little lighter weight. I'd say you've got a font too many on the mobile version of this design. Ditch the Comic Sans and it'll work so much better. Make sure your mobile design is similar enough to your computer design so we can tell which one goes with which. As it is, I'm still not 100% sure who goes to what.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Mal-Festio

Post by Mal-Festio »

Hello Sequoia,

You have a great variety of ideas for each of your computer and mobile concepts. I really like your second computer design, it really goes with the image you chose. I also like how you use a logo, I think it looks great and I am curious how it would look if you used some of the colors of your designs on it. For your mobile, I say the first one. I think it is organized very well. Maybe give some space between your body copy and the edge of the page.
Jordi Cruz Trujillo

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Sequoia,
I'm digging your website designs. My eye keeps coming back to the last design because it's simple and the colors are visually appealing. The only thing you need to add is Spring 2021. Other than that, I'm loving these!
Kassandra Fuentes