project01_final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
gavin_clouser

project01_final

Post by gavin_clouser »

final version
Attachments
project01_gc_mobile.png
project01_final.png
gclouser701

Anayik

Re: project01_final

Post by Anayik »

Hi Gaving,

clean work and love your textured background. Also, way to make a black theme work, thats not always easy to do.
Kiana Bohm

cpeter2

Post by cpeter2 »

Hello, Amazing work on your layout and execution for your webpage it is very clean and easy to navigate. The Black and Pink go well together with the accent color of green to form a really nice aesthetic.
.    .   * ✵   🚀   ✦
✦. 🛸 Carl   ✦   
· ✦     . *       

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Your final version turned out really nice. I like the use of the background on the lower half, it adds some good texture and I think it really helps the overall design. Looks good!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Gavin,
I really like the fonts and colors you chose for your design. I also enjoy the boxes you added for your projects. I would use the white TMCC logo, so it will go with your theme a bit better. I like the scroll mobile version. For the computer version, I would make the picture a bit larger because it looks like it's cut off. I would also make the font for the navigation buttons a bit larger. Overall, good job! :D
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Gavin,
While I liked the clean white backgrounds from the first critique, I think the all black look is working as well. I would change the TMCC logo from that *wonderful* green and make it pink, if you want it to stand out, or white to blend with the rest of the text. I would also consider putting a small gradient to match the colors from your photo area to the background so that there isn't such a harsh line.
JacklynYamine

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Gavin,
This looks great! Loving your font choices. This looks clean, easy to navigate, and professional. Great work.
Kassandra Fuentes

sal_baraj

Post by sal_baraj »

Hi Gavin,
Great job keeping it simple and easy to navigate, I would only like to see more color to attract the eye more. Also maybe play with more design elements as there is nothing to bring you in other than the image and pink button.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh, nice! You threw a background texture on your super clean one. Well, that certainly fixes the "blah" I mentioned in your first critique.

The whole layout retains the same cleanliness from your preliminary version of this with the Damascus steel/fractal metal pattern really pushing this composition into the stratosphere. My fave bit is the way the dark of your gradient blends with the dark of your portrait image on the right side. That really locks everything together. The remainder of the design retains it's clean, Bauhausian nature from your preliminary version. Now it's Bauhausian industrial. Another thing it does is highlight your navigation and content area. I'm struck by all your small additions throughout. The captions on your project links. The social media and logo in your footer. The way you managed to make TMCC's hideous green actually work? Impressive! Your fonts continue to work well together. I especially like the way your mildly oddball serif type plays off of your logo. It takes this crisp, hard design and adds a smile to it.

I'm not sold on having the project link text and descriptions be left aligned. I get why you did it. But I think they would have looked better centered. But that's really my only nitpick on this one.

This really shows the power of a few small changes. Nice work, Gavin!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hi Gavin!

This is a really clean and cool layout you have! I love the darker theme improvement from your preliminary. The texture you have on the second half of your page is awesome and works well. I like the pink in this darker version, it really makes that "lets connect" link stand out well and gives me an incentive to click on it. Good work!
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)