Project 02 Final

Post links to your Project Two websites for discussion and feedback.
Arisa

Project 02 Final

Post by Arisa »

Hi guys!
https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2021/arisa-koike/
I finally have my final website up and running!
I've put a lot of work into the movement.
The movement reacts where I don't want it to, does anyone know how to deal with this?
:D Arisa Koike

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 02 Final

Post by Instructor »

Hey, the Sumi-e website! It came out decently.

The wave is as strong an image as ever. The colors are just so eye catching. It'd grabbing you and shouting "Look at me!". Usually, I'm not a fan of all caps bold bodycopy, but I think it's necessary here to visually compete with such a strong background image. The bright colors create great contrast with your black type. All of your type is easy to read, at least the bits that aren't clipping. The thing that really catches my eye though is all the little animations. They really gamify using this website and add all sorts of visual interest throughout the design. My favorite are your rollovers. Animation is a GRC 275 topic and I'm pleased to see a student going out and learning it on their own to add a bit of visual pizzaz to their websites. Bravo!

Your main bodycopy is clipping through "I AM ARISA KOIKE" on a lot of different browsers at any resolution. Right now it's shouting at me. Also, the Sumi-e wave tends to tile at higher resolutions.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Arisa,
I love how impactful your contrasting color scheme makes your website! It is so bright and energetic, it makes me happy when I see it. I also like how your buttons turn white when moused over, it makes them stand out well.
Kierann O'Hara

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Hi Arisa,
I love your website. I especially like the rollover effect of your name and title. So awesome. It inspires me to go out and learn some more on how to add to my own site. I love the colors used. I think that playing with the body copy so that it is more centered somehow would be interesting. I like the large bold font used for your name and title. Good job!
:) KATHY RUECKL

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Arisa,
Those colors of your ocean and sky background are very eye catching and look so good. I love your big HI THERE! with a short intro to yourself before your short paragraph about you, I also like that you put some simple animation on it so that it comes out of the line separating the two lines of text. I also like your roll over animation on your buttons and email, however, I think everything could be about 10-20% bigger and at full opacity when they turn white, to me it seems like they are maybe between 90% - 100%, making them harder to read in addition to their sizing. I would also suggest that as we learn to make these sites more responsive, that when your short paragraph about you goes down to where it needs more lines, I would left align the text rather than centered as it is right now.
JacklynYamine

gavin_clouser

Post by gavin_clouser »

I love this sans serif typography. It looks beautiful in that background. The only thing I don't see is a navbar. But other than that I think It's great ESPECIALLY for your first website. Good job.
gclouser701

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

I really like the how your name come in when the site loads, it's pretty cool. You did some really good animation work. Good job!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Arisa,
I didn't see that coming at all, but I love it! Great animation with your name at the top and I'm loving what you did with the animation for the navigation. The only thing I saw that's missing is the TMCC logo. Great job!
Kassandra Fuentes

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Arisa!

WOW, I love your website! Your animation when you first open the website are so cool, I wouldn't in a million years know how you did that lol! I think your color and navigation came out really well too, awesome job!
-Kendall Mann

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hi Arisa,

That animation with the text is so cool! I keep refreshing my page so I can see it lol. That's awesome. Your graphics look really cool with your website, and I love the effect you have when you hover over your tabs. It matches well with the animation in your name. For some reason the "Majoring in graphic design..." text is right on top of your name, I had the same issue with my website in text placement. Besides that, this is an awesome website! Great work :)
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)