proj. 1 final-critique-friday

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
raton de biblioteca

proj. 1 final-critique-friday

Post by raton de biblioteca »

Hi all,

I have so much to learn! I am really glad to be in a class with so many talented people just so I can be a web creep-o staring at other people's work... 8-) :D I have chosen to incorporate more of a music theme to make the buttons/links the shape of not squares. Everyone from the discussion board was super helpful in helping me the decision process, but as I struggle with hierarchy and typography I know that in the future the layout will become a stronger one.

As I was looking more into coding, I found the W3C sites very helpful in how people expect websites to look and react.
https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_website_layout.asp

I also found this website about the flow that graphics can create when utilizing the white space on the page.
https://webflow.com/blog/unique-website-layouts

Thank you, no really I am thankful...need more honest critiques in my life, best

Rachel
Attachments
web_final_02.jpg
mobile_final04.jpg
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

kayla.pressburger

Re: proj. 1 final-critique-friday

Post by kayla.pressburger »

I love how you made your menu buttons into music notes! You might try leaving out the clarinet(?) picture on the right, as it seems a bit out of place compared to the rest of your design. Maybe place your buttons there instead? Looking forward to seeing your completed website! :)
Kayla Pressburger

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

Hi Rachel,

Your layouts are so cool! The theme works very well with your design elements, I love the note buttons and fonts. Great job!!
Dana Drakulich-King

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

Hey! These are nice, I really like the background image, and the colored boxes on the left surrounding the "about" paragraph, I think the combination adds a nice pop of color! I would suggest maybe getting rid of the right image of the instrument and leaving the background image as the focal point.
Starfish ✩ emily duke

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

yeah, the notes as buttons are cool. I feel like it might be inappropriate to put your phone number up unless you indicate that its your business number and not a personal one people could text you on. also, maybe add a fax number? only if you are going in that direction. Your color choices are really great!
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

Jones

Post by Jones »

I like the image on the background. Fun color choices to contrast the black and white. Perhaps make the body copy bigger?

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

The music not buttons is a really clever idea. I don’t think I have seen that on a website before. If you can make it works with the box model, more power to you! Great job!
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

hiitsyuri24

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

I really like your buttons. They are really cute! I would suggest to play with spacing in the paragraph.
Yuri Aoki

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

I love how creative you were with this! The accents with the colored squares and shapes are really nice! I would maybe incorporate that with the clarinet picture as well so it kind of goes with the theme. Good job!!
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

agostina_renau

Post by agostina_renau »

I wish I did something like this for the calendar in 183, cause it is totally a fun vibe!! I like the musical notes very much.
Agostina From Argentina