Project one final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
giusti56

Project one final

Post by giusti56 »

This is the final design I decided to settle on. I haven't finished the mobile version just yet, but it will be very similar to this. I chose this design because I wanted the image to interact with my name more and I liked using the leaves to do so. I got a lot of inspiration from this website https://www.awwwards.com/ along with this one as well https://www.thebestdesigns.com/
Attachments
website-final.png
-Tony Giusti

kayla.pressburger

Re: Project one final

Post by kayla.pressburger »

This design is really, really well done. It's very modern and nice to look at. Definitely one of the best things I've seen from you! Looking forward to seeing the mobile version!
Kayla Pressburger

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

Hi Anthony,

Your lay out is cool, it reminds me of a movie poster. The mood is is very enticing, and I really enjoy the simplicity. Great job!
Dana Drakulich-King

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

Hey! This looks great! I like how the name and image are the focal point, it looks very clean. Im interested in how the mobile layout will look.
Starfish ✩ emily duke

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

wow, this looks really classy in a way I can't really put my finger on. good work!
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

Jones

Post by Jones »

I like the texture and feel you have going on. The color choices are great. Would it be possible to bring the words forward, or make them easier to read?

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

First thing I thought when I saw this was “is this an upcoming movie?” It looks so cool like it could be a sequel for the jungle book. Good job!
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

anayaestevan

Post by anayaestevan »

Tony,

Great work my guy. This is really clean and cool looking. Font works very well reminds me of Louis Vuitton. Is there a tutorial I can find for how to do this?
Estevan Anaya

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm. I would have liked to see a mobile version too. I'd be interested in seeing how this design collapses down.

You've got a really intriguing design here. It looks like a modern noir movie poster. It's dark and uses contrast really well to highlight the navigation and bodycopy. The interactions between the leaf photo and your name text is really visually interesting. A great use of subtle gradients throughout, especially in your name text and to separate the leaf image from your navigation. This whole thing is basically the defining image of the concept of "visually interesting" that I've been harping on in all these reviews. Your navigation is well placed and easy to use except for some iffy home button placement. Each font is well chosen and goes well with the noir theme. Your bodycopy would ordinarily be too small, but it's high contrast against the black background makes it read bigger than it is.

I don't particularly care for the home button sitting all by it's lonesome over on the left. I think it would be better being the left most button on your right justified navigation.

Really great work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

agostina_renau

Post by agostina_renau »

oooooo anthony nice photoshop skills.
i like the gradient
Agostina From Argentina