Preliminary project one

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
punkassbookjockey

Preliminary project one

Post by punkassbookjockey »

Here are my two examples for project one. In the colorful one each large diamond will change to a teaser picture or text when rolled over, and take you to another page when clicked. The feather is an image I sketched out, then drew in Illustrator, and will function as the contact button.

For the blue one, the words will capitalize and bulge out when rolled over (second picture shows each button bulged out, but it would really be one at a time.) and take you to another page when clicked. I used an art deco theme for it because I love the clean lines and detail.

For my inspiration, well it's hard to pick just two...

Let's start with Upwork Inc:

https://www.upwork.com/blog/2014/03/web ... -to-start/

The page contains a list of sites who list great websites. While many are found on the forum, I particularly liked Awwwards (#5) and Line25 (#7) In awwwards, you can filter selections by type, color and industry. Line 25, be sure to check out the article about the use of negative space.

My second choice is UCreative:

http://www.ucreative.com/inspiration/40 ... uld-check/

I love the use of artwork in the sites they list, and the deeper you go the more cool stuff you find. There are a lot of videos and articles, and I will be going back to this one to see what they add. An added bonus, they tell you how long each arcticle will take to read, so you can sneak them in between classes or save them for later.
Attachments
Colorful one
Colorful one
Blue one
Blue one
Jena Molina

lsimgrc175

Re: Preliminary project one

Post by lsimgrc175 »

I like the first one way more. It's much more interesting to look at IMO. Sorta like those sweaters that some hipsters wear but without the douche.
-End message

NevadaCowgirl

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

I like the first one better than the blue ones because the first one has very nice colors that compliment each other.
Amy Zimmerman

Blackfïsk

Post by Blackfïsk »

I agree with everyone, the first one looks minimalist and nice but using so much italicised text looks strange imo.

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

I like second left one. typography fit the circular strokes. but you can play with color much more!
Yoshiki Katabami

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I prefer the first one. It is more interesting to look at because it has good colors and feather contact icon which you draw by yourself. I think icon shows that you like drawing:)
Natsuki Tonuma

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

I really like the first one. I like how it's simple yet elegant. I would just give a little more dominance to your name because I feel like it's fighting the feather graphic.
ALEXIS ROSALES

Ka80kins

Post by Ka80kins »

hello!
I like the first one just because theres more to look at and its not confusing when/if we go back and forth to the home page to another page.
Kathryn Kennedy

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

I like the first one of your designs. I would recommend a different font between your navigation links and headline.
-Warren Asher-

moserary

Post by moserary »

The first one, the first one!!

The monochrome of the second lost me immediately. Your feather is beautiful, as are you color and font choices. The "argyle" style is interesting and unique while recognizable.