Project 1 - roughs

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
schakarun714

Re: Project 1 - roughs

Post by schakarun714 »

Hey Rose, I like both of your roughs but i like the first one a bit more, it seems like you favored this one as well. i like the depth you gave the text box and the background image is abstract and very cool to look at but its not too overpowering to me.
Shalie C. Forever Dreaming

ryansegal

Re: Project 1 - roughs

Post by ryansegal »

Rosa,

Both of these roughs are well done. Between the two of them, I prefer the second. The only thing that I am not a fan of in both designs is the use of the angle brackets and the typewriter style font. I understand how it relates to the class, but I don't think it relates to either design at all.

Your first rough has a very simple layout to it, which I think is nice. I think that the image could be less in focus for the main box though, as it detracts from the separation of the background. I think the colors don't work together all that well, but the paragraph of text looks very nice following the angle of the image.

The imagery and placement of text in your second rough is great. I don't think your name needs to be angled like it is, as it doesn't lend itself to the cleanness of the rest of your design. I think the top and bottom black bars could stand to be a little shorter, since there's nothing inside of them that needs that much room. This way your image gets a little more screen space as well.

Whichever design you choose, I'm looking forward to the final critique!
Ryan Segal
Radical Boy on a Mission