Project 1 Prelim

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Jaime Ramey

Re: Project 1 Prelim

Post by Jaime Ramey »

Hi Jackal,
I really like the colors you used for the bottom design, it was eye catching and the picture with the red windows is really cool.
Jaime
Jaime Ramey

Jones

Post by Jones »

I found the first two options to be easier on eyes. It was easier to quickly discern your messages. The colors on the second two are fun, but I found it harder to read.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I'd say your second one is the stronger of these two, Jackal. I like the larger photos and the way it uses contrast better. Also, lol summoning instructions.

The real hidden strength of the second composition is the way it uses color. You've chosen an excellent, and complimentary, palette of colors. Blue and orange work well together as one would expect from complimentary colors, but using a lighter blue that really stands out against your black background is what makes it stand out. The black causes both colors and the colors in your imagery to stand out like a scrapbook. The imagery choices themselves are really interesting. You've got kind of a "suburban cryptid" vibe going on here. I keep looking into the four eyes of that sun. Unsettling, in a good way. The thinning horizontal rules add to the pattern as well, they move the eye around the composition and look like gradients at first glance. Your type choices are really strong, too. I especially like the bold logo type you used for your name/logo and for your navigation. It's odd and fits the theme you've established. Your bodycopy goes well with your layout too. And your navigation is easy to see and use.

Make sure to center all your social media icons on the computer version of your layout. Scoot your smashed warehouse image down just a touch to give your name just a bit more bottom margin. Vertically center your bodycopy between your two horizontal rules.

Nice work! I look forward to seeing the final version.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kj923

Post by kj923 »

I really enjoy your yellow design!! I’m not usually a fan of the color, but the shade you chose works great with your design!! Keep it goin! Play with fonts and image sizing ?! :) Awesome job!
-Kaitlyn Johnson

hiitsyuri24

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

Hi! I really like first one, and colors and images are really nice. I also like black ones, but it is little bit hard to read. Maybe you can play with more colors. Great job!
Yuri Aoki

Stasiavous

Post by Stasiavous »

Jackal!!! I love both designs, but my eye goes to the black design first. I LOVE your name at the top. So cool! Your style is uniquely Jackal and I'm a FAN!
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure

clawson

Post by clawson »

I like the graphics in the yellow design. The black design is dramatic and I think your photo all work well together to support the same overall look.
Clara Lawson

clawson

Post by clawson »

I like the graphics in the yellow design. The black design is dramatic and I think your photo all work well together to support the same overall look.
Clara Lawson

clawson

Post by clawson »

Clara Lawson

themeg98

Post by themeg98 »

I really like the colors and imagery on the first layout. The little symbols and touches of texture really make pull it all together. the second one the layering of the pictures was a good choice.
Megan Horner
"Stay made of Lightning"