Project #3 Roughs

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Stasiavous

Re: Project #3 Roughs

Post by Stasiavous »

Star Trek on gets my vote! Loving the colors and the shapes. Love the layout and your humor!
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure

matt

Post by matt »

I like the star trek layout but I might be biased bc I think star trek is cool. nice job and effort Terri.
I'd like to encourage you to take a look at some examples of people's /design agency/ freelance work that is successful and popular. I think that might help you to broaden your style and try different things with design/ typography/ layout.
Matty James

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

I'm really into your star trek design, its super interesting!
I would recommend making the type on your buttons a more legible font, instead of having all the text be the same.
Nice colors too, good job!!
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

hiitsyuri24

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

These look really fun! I think the first set is my favorite!
Yuri Aoki

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh snap! An LCARS interface! HAH! You HAVE to do the website in LCARS. I want to see it work. There's several good CSS and graphics tutorials out there for building LCARS websites.

The concept is just great. Since it uses LCARS, it automatically inherits some nice design features. It's got great contrast, an easy navigation, and a large presentational area for your info and pictures. Nice design for the custom GAMT logo. It keeps up the theme well. Typographically it's also pretty strong as well. Good balance between text and images. Nice use of margins through the whole composition as well. You've got a fun idea here. Run with it!

I'd recommend doing your buttons in the LCARS font (Swiss 911 Ultra Compressed) rather than the standard Star Trek font. Make sure all your button text is the same size. Right now "Home" and "About the Program" are radically different sizes. Also make sure your button type all has the same baseline. Please change the colors of the otherwise nice logo you designed for the program. Either use the LCARS colors or some Star Trek colors for it.

Still giggling over here. What a fun idea!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kj923

Post by kj923 »

HAHA i like how you took a fun spin on the project! You made it work well! Kind of like the second one more though!!
-Kaitlyn Johnson